LESSON 4 TOPIC:-Expected Questions on Indus Water Treaty
1. Indus Water Treaty was Signed between Ans India and Pakistan
2. when the Indus Water treaty was signed? Ans 19th Sept, 1960 (Singed in Karachi)
3. Which International Organization act as a mediator in passing the treaty? Ans World Bank.
4. Which Rivers are involved in Indus Water treaty? Ans Western Rivers: Indus, Jhelum and chenab Eastern Rivers: Ravi , Sutlej and Beas
5. The Idea for Indus Water treaty was given by? Ans Mr Lilienthal
6. who was the president of World Bank at the time of signing the treaty? Ans E. R Black.
7. What is the Duration of Transition period given by India to Pakistan for receiving the water from eastern rivers Ans 10 years
8. The construction on which Navigation Project was stopped, after the objections were raised by Pakistan Ans Tulbul Navigational Project
9. Which committe was set up after signing of Indus water treaty? Ans Indus Commission
Mohammad Irfan Lone
I Was Born In Kashmir in 1995. Engineer by Education Educator by Profession Youtuber by Passion